Saturday, September 13, 2014

It’s not all glamorous!

 
The office for the schools, kind of the regional office, was in the midst of moving when I arrived which was ok, because it takes a day or two to get situated and months to figure out the bus system.  Okay, not months.  I’m actually feeling much better about my commuting skills. But there is something to the whole jet lag issue that takes just a bit of time to resolve.  As it turned out, the move didn’t happen as planned, some things are universal, so I started traveling to the old office to start helping the staff there. 

I’m helping where ever I can at the office with a variety of tasks that I feel well suited to including some editing, document updating, and entering donor information into a tracking and reporting program.  I'll also be working on the website and Facebook page, looking at the layout and the articles, updating and keeping up to date with the many activities at the schools and their associated communities.  Five growing schools with accompanying communities is a lot to keep up with, and so much goes on here that people should know about!   With that thought in mind, have you visited the Hand In Hand web site or Facebook Page?  If not, please do.  And please, Like and Share us on Facebook!  Little Hand in Hand should not be a well-kept secret!

I am still expecting to spend more time at the school, the thought is that I can work with the English teacher.  I can do that, I know English.  

And the new office location?  requires I take only one bus.  I like that.  It’s way more fun enjoying the view not stressing over my transfer point.  Today, Friday, I actually braved the light rail and the bus system.  I did a little shopping and found St. Andrews Scottish Presbyterian church (more on that later) where I plan to worship on Sunday.  So, the bus system isn’t as bad as it would like me to think. 


1 comment: